From amcn...@mcnabbs.org (Andrew McNabb)
Subject Re: overriding config options on command line
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 00:49:50 GMT
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 03:02:13PM -0600, Dennis Kubes wrote:
> you can have a different set of configuration files in a different
> config directory with your options and then export NUTCH_CONF_DIR on
> nutch or HADOOP_CONF_DIR on just hadoop before running your script.
>
> export HADOOP_CONF_DIR=/my/config/path

For the record, I implemented it this way (with a script to make a
modified copy of hadoop-site.xml on the fly), and it works.  However,
the --config command-line option that hadoop-daemon.sh claims to have
doesn't work.  So setting HADOOP_CONF_DIR seems to be the only way to do
it.

Thanks.

--
Andrew McNabb