From amcn...@mcnabbs.org (Andrew McNabb)
Subject overriding config options on command line
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:23:28 GMT
I'm trying to figure out how to override configuration settings on the
command line.  Specifically, when I run say, "hadoop-daemon.sh start
datanode", I need to be able to give it the name of the filesystem and
the IP address of the master node.  The master node varies from run to
run, and it's not simple to modify hadoop-site.xml on the fly.

I couldn't see anything in the documentation, but is there a way to
specify fs.default.name and mapred.job.tracker on the command line when
calling hadoop-daemon.sh?  This would be really, really helpful.

Thanks.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/