From 张茂森 <maosen.zh...@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject Re: running new jobs
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 01:11:50 GMT
Hadoop will distribute your classes written by Java automatically, and the
only thing you should do is just submit your job.

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Torsten Curdt [mailto:tcurdt@apache.org]
发送时间: 2007年1月5日 19:58
收件人: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
主题: running new jobs

A few things that aren't really clear to me yet ...hadoop is deployed
and I want to schedule a new job. Let's say it is written in java.
Will hadoop distribute the classes so the job is available on all
nodes? Or do I have to make it is deployed everywhere.

Also: there are python examples available. Will the python script be
distributed when scheduled and an external process will be called to
execute the job? IIUC this works by piping the data through the
process ...so in theory it could be any language - is that correct?
Or is jython involved somewhere?

cheers
--
Torsten