From "howard chen" <howac...@gmail.com>
Subject Converting Lucene Demo to search index in DFS
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 18:22:57 GMT
Hi,

I have been playing with Lucene & Hadoop.

The Lucene demo (Web) is a great tutorial for people to understand Lucene,

e.g. http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/demo3.html

I want to ask

1. If I put the index in the DFS of Hadoop, is it easy to modify the
codes to search in the DFS, rather than local FS? (ignore abt
mapreduce first, I mean just search index in the DFS from web server)

2. More than (1), now if I want to search the index from serveral
running nodes using mapreduce, is the wordcount example a good
starting point?

Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

howa.