From "howard chen" <howac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help in setting Hadoop on multiple servers
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:15:33 GMT
On 11/8/06, Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org> wrote:
> howard chen wrote:
> > 2006-11-07 21:53:35,492 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker:
> > Can not start task tracker because java.lang.RuntimeException: Bad
> > mapred.job.tracker: local
>
> To run distributed, you must configure mapred.job.tracker and
> fs.default.name to be a host:port pairs on all hosts, typically in the
> conf/hadoop-site.xml file.  On your slave nodes the values for these are
> "local", the default.  This should be overridden in hadoop-site.xml.
>
> Doug

Thanks! It really solved most of the problem...now only one problem
left (seems to be...)

when I start the server, and stop it, it shows...

./stop-all.sh --config /home_7305/group02/project/hadoop-conf

>> no namenode to stop

while i look for the namenode log on serverA, it shows:

ERROR org.apache.hadoop.dfs.NameNode: java.io.IOException: NameNode
not formatted: /hadoop-web/dfs/name/image
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.FSImage.<init>(FSImage.java:60)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.FSDirectory.<init>(FSDirectory.java:316)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.FSNamesystem.<init>(FSNamesystem.java:229)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:142)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:134)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:582)

but i have tried many time to format it using: ./hadoop namenode -format

(seems the format only read hadoop-default.xml, but i am using
--config switch, and the hadoop.tmp.dir is relocated, is this a
problem? but even i removed the hadoop.tmp.dir and use the default
/tmp folder, error still occur )

thanks again!