From "howard chen" <howac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help in setting Hadoop on multiple servers
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 05:57:25 GMT
On 11/5/06, Andrzej Bialecki <ab@getopt.org> wrote:
> howard chen wrote:
> > On 11/4/06, Lee <leelynne@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> You need passwordless ssh setup for the username you start the script
> >> with.

> >> (local):

> >> server's

> > if I my system don't allow passwordless ssh, are there any way
> > workaround?
>
> "Passwordless" doesn't mean that the account in question needs to have
> no password. You can use public/private key authentication, i.e. add the
> master's public key to .ssh/authorized_keys file on each node.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Andrzej Bialecki     <><
>  ___. ___ ___ ___ _ _   __________________________________

Thanks! this solved the login problem when starting the client!

1.

Now I can successfully start-all from serverA using...

./start-all.sh --config ...

starting namenode, logging to...
serverA: Login Success!
serverC: starting datanode, logging to...
serverB: Login Success!
serverA: starting datanode, logging to...
serverB: Login Success!
serverB: starting datanode, logging to...
serverD: Login Success!
serverD: starting datanode, logging to...
starting jobtracker, logging to ...
serverA: Login Success!
serverC: Login Success!
serverC: starting tasktracker, logging to...
serverA: starting tasktracker, logging to...
serverB: Login Success!
serverB: starting tasktracker, logging to...
serverD: Login Success!
serverD: starting tasktracker, logging to...

but when I stop-all --config...it show...

no jobtracker to stop
serverA: Login Success!
serverB: Login Success!
serverB: no tasktracker to stop
serverC: Login Success!
serverA: no tasktracker to stop
serverC: no tasktracker to stop
serverD: Login Success!
serverD: no tasktracker to stop
no namenode to stop
serverA: Login Success!
serverC: Login Success!
serverC: no datanode to stop
serverD: Login Success!
serverA: no datanode to stop
serverD: no datanode to stop
serverB: Login Success!
serverB: no datanode to stop

Is that something wrong?

2. I can run the example-word count on a single machine, but how to
verify the example is running on serveral machine?

Thanks...