From David Pollak <...@athena.com>
Subject Rebalancing a DFS cluster
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:35:24 GMT
Howdy,

I've got a DFS cluster.  I added a new machine to my cluster.  The
new machine is the fastest in the cluster (a Core 2 Duo E6600 which
blows every machine I've ever used out of the water... but I
digress.)  I'd like to rebalance some of the files in my DFS cluster
so this machine has files on its local filesystem.  Is there a way to
tell DFS to rebalance and (okay this is a wish-list item) put a
"speed factor" on each of the slaves so that faster machines will get
more data on their local drives so the machines that run faster are
more likely to have local data.

Thanks,

David