From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject JAR packaging
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 16:46:59 GMT
I'm not sure I am understanding this correctly and I don't see
anything on this in the Getting Started section, so...

It seems that when I want to run my application in distributed mode,
I should invoke the <hadoop_home>/bin/hadoop jar <jar> (or bin/hadoop
<main-class>) and it will copy my JAR onto the DFS and then
distribute the other nodes in the cluster can access it and run it.

Classpath wise, there seems to be two options:

1. Have all the appropriate dependencies available so they are read
in by the start up commands and included in the classpath.  Does this
means they all need to be on each node at startup time?

2. Create a single JAR made up of the contents of all the dependencies

Also, the paths must be exactly the same on all the nodes, right?

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Grant