From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Initialization costs
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:47:22 GMT
I know in general that I shouldn't worry too much about
initialization costs, as they will be amortized over the life of the
job and are often a drop in the bucket time wise.  However, in my
setup I have a conf() method that needs to load in some resources
from disk.   This is on a per job basis currently.  I know that each
node in my cluster is going to need these resources and every job I
submit is going to end up doing this same thing.  So I was wondering
if there was anyway these resources could be loaded once per startup
of the task tracker.  In some sense, this is akin to putting
something into application scope in a webapp as opposed to session
scope.

Thanks,
Grant