From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to implement RecordReader.createValue()
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 15:55:45 GMT
My understanding is that you just construct a new instance of the
Writable that you want as the value, which later gets passed to the
next method.  For instance, just construct, a new Text() object or
something.

For example, take a look at the implementations of RecordReader in
the source, such as the LineRecordReader in TextInputFormat.java

public WritableComparable createKey() {
       return new LongWritable();
     }

     public Writable createValue() {
       return new Text();
     }

HTH,
Grant

On Oct 27, 2006, at 9:25 PM, TKDD wrote:

> Hi,everyone:
>
> do you know how to implement the method RecordReader.creatValue()
>
> i am trying to use hadoop0.7.2 in nutch0.8.1
>
> and tried to implemented this method by my imagination, but can not
> work
>
> can anyone help me, thanks in advance
>
> TKDD

Grant Ingersoll