From Jagadeesh <jagadeesh...@gmail.com>
Subject Some queries about stability and reliability
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 12:36:08 GMT
Hi All,

I am very much new to Hadoop and would like to know some details about the
reliability and stability. I am developing flickr kind of an application for
storing and sharing movies and would like to use Hadoop as my storage
backend. I am planning to put in atleast 100 nodes and would like to know
more about the product. I will appreciate if you could answer some of my
queries.

1.	Is the product matured enough for using in an application like this?
2.	Has somebody tested it using atleast 100 nodes?
3.	Can I have multiple master nodes in Hadoop to do load balancing and
fail-overs?
4.	What is the maximum number of simultaneous connections possible in
Hadoop?

Thanks and Best

Jugs