From "Vetle Roeim" <vet...@opera.com>
Subject Accessing the JobTracker
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:06:32 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on a web interface for accessing various data stored in a
Hadoop cluster, and I'd like to display tracker info in this interface.
The admin interface in Hadoop just calls JobTracker.getTracker(), but this
doesn't look like an option unless the interface is running inside the
JobTracker.

I see that JobConf uses JobSubmissionProtocol.getClusterStatus(), but
ClusterStatus doesn't really contain the information about the specific
trackers. Are there any other options available, or could ClusterStatus be
expanded to contain more information?

Thanks,
--
Vetle Roeim