From Stefan Groschupf ...@media-style.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop production-ready?
Date Sat, 08 Jul 2006 02:07:45 GMT
Hi Otis,

I think this is difficult to answer. Just some points from my
perspective. I use it in two projects in production but not the
latest trunk.
Map reduce works great and stable in my scale (up to 20 boxes). I
lost several times data from the dfs so this is tricky.
Watch out that you better never touch your network setup. If it runs
once my experience is that it runs. However making backups from
important data to a "normal" file system is a good idea.

However hadoop related problems are fixed in a amazing short time frame.

.. just my personal perspective.
Stefan