From Thomas FRIOL <tho...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Hadoop debugging
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 08:36:46 GMT
Hi all,

I am a new hadoop user and I am now writting my own map reduce
operations but it is hard for me to find out where comes from the
problem when the job fails.
So my question is : What is the best way to debug a map reduce job ?

Actually I try to log debug messages using LOG4J but not all of my
messages are logged and I do not know why.
I also try to throw exceptions when something goes wrong but I am not
really sure all exceptions are very well catched by the hadoop system.
Am I wrong ?

I will appreciate some tips and advices to be able to increase my
productivity in developping map and reduce jobs.

Thanks for any help.

Thomas.

--
Thomas FRIOL