From Konstantin Shvachko <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: What about append in hadoop files ?
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:09:56 GMT
Eric,

I remember Doug advised somebody on a related issue to use a directory
instead of a file for long lasting appends.
You can logically divide your output into smaller files and close them
whenever the logical boundary is reached.
The directory can be treated as a collection of records. May be this
will work for you.
IMO the concurrent append feature is a high priority task.

--Konstantin