From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hadoop production-ready?
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:58:19 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for the nature of the question, but can anyone estimate when Hadoop will be "stable
and production-ready"?  I know you've run it on clusters with 600+ nodes, but you guys (hadoop-dev)
know this beast inside out, and can spend time troubleshooting and fixing its problems, but
for somebody who is unable to do that, when do you think it will be as stable as Nutch and
Lucene are, for example?

I'm asking because I see a LOT of fast development, but also see that things being worked
on are all non-trivial and still very much in the core.

Thanks,
Otis