From "Paul Sutter" <sut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration policy
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:29:53 GMT
Speaking of configuration, is there any clear definition for the purpose of
mapred-default.xml? My understanding is that its an alternate, misnamed,
site-local configuration, but we're not sure what to do with it.

Right now, we make all of our changes to hadoop-site.xml, then copy that
file to mapred-default.xml because we've heard that sometimes, that file
gets checked instead of hadoop-site.xml.

Any help appreciated

Paul