From TDLN <diamond...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic configuration properties
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 17:57:02 GMT
On 0.8-dev the following works for me.

1) add the config property to nutch-site.xml using this format:

<property>
  <name>propertyName</name>
  <value>propertyValue</value>
  <description></description>
</property>

2) implement org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configurable Interface -> all
Filters IndexingFilter, ParseFilter extend this Interface already.

private Configuration configuration;

public Configuration getConf() {
	return configuration;
}

public void setConf(Configuration configuration) {
	this.configuration = configuration;
}

3) now get your property:

String propertyVal = configuration.get("propertyName");

HTH Thomas