From Ben Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Multiple tasktrackers per node
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 16:19:37 GMT
My task_zoom.patch fixes "the 10 sec delay before getting another
task when a task completes" bug. It is a rather minor part of the
task_zoom.patch. Basically, the TaskTracker updates the JobTracker as
soon as the task completes. There was another bug in the JobTracker
that made it count all tasks rather than just the running tasks,
which could cause a delay longer than 10 secs in some cases that the
patch fixes.

ben