From "Sam Xia" <S...@InterchangeUSA.com>
Subject Is hadoop stable enough for production
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:05:09 GMT
Hi,

We have been running with "nutch server" in production without any
problems. Our search servers are distributed into less than 20 of Linux
servers. We are thinking of using the latest Hadoop 0.1.1 release to
replace "nutch server". Questions:

1.	Is the current Hadoop stable enough for production?
2.	Given 20 servers (not hundreds), is it beneficial to choose
Hadoop instead of "nutch server"? What are the exact advantages?

Thanks

Sam