From Dennis Kubes <nutch-...@dragonflymc.com>
Subject Key Merging and Mapreduce
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:19:54 GMT
Can someone explain how duplicate keys are merged inside of a reduce
program to give multiple values in the Iterator for the reduce operation.?

I think it is happening in the sort of the sequence file butI also see
the CombiningCollector.  I was able to write a MapReduce program
successfully and I am getting values with the same keys merged even when
I don't use the CombiningCollector.  Is the CombiningCollector even used
anymore?  I just want to understand more about what is happening under
the hood.

Dennis