From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HADOOP-117 doubts (winxp without cygwin)
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:16:08 GMT
Raghavendra Prabhu wrote:
> Is pure Winxp operation supported now?(ie  that is without Cygwin ) as df is
> supported now (Thanx to the group)

No, cygwin is still required.

> Maybe this is isolated case in winxp operation. But can some one check and
> confirm?. It would be helpful

I try to periodically test things in Windows.  I probably won't get to
that today, but the next time I do I will try to remember to test that
temporary files are deleted.

A unit test would make this much easier.  One could perform a simple
MapReduce, using a non-file-based InputFormat and OutputFormat, then
check for non-empty directories under mapred.system.dir.  Would you or
someone else be interested in contributing such a unit test?

Thanks,

Doug