hadoop-common-issues mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Aaron T. Myers (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Updated] (HADOOP-9152) HDFS can report negative DFS Used on clusters with very small amounts of data
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 01:09:12 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9152?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Aaron T. Myers updated HADOOP-9152:
-----------------------------------

    Target Version/s: 2.0.3-alpha
    
> HDFS can report negative DFS Used on clusters with very small amounts of data
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HADOOP-9152
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-9152
>             Project: Hadoop Common
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: fs
>    Affects Versions: 2.0.2-alpha
>            Reporter: Brock Noland
>            Assignee: Brock Noland
>            Priority: Minor
>         Attachments: HDFS-4229-0.patch.txt
>
>
> I had a near empty HDFS instance where I was creating a file and deleting it very quickly.
I noticed that HDFS sometimes reported a negative DFS used.
> {noformat}
> root@brock0-1 ~]# sudo -u hdfs -i hdfs dfsadmin -report
> Configured Capacity: 97233235968 (90.56 GB)
> Present Capacity: 84289609707 (78.5 GB)
> DFS Remaining: 84426645504 (78.63 GB)
> DFS Used: -137035797 (-133824.02 KB)
> DFS Used%: -0.16%
> Under replicated blocks: 0
> Blocks with corrupt replicas: 0
> Missing blocks: 0
> -------------------------------------------------
> Datanodes available: 1 (1 total, 0 dead)
> Live datanodes:
> Name: 127.0.0.1:50010 (localhost)
> Hostname: brock0-1.ent.cloudera.com
> Decommission Status : Normal
> Configured Capacity: 97233235968 (90.56 GB)
> DFS Used: -137035797 (-133824.02 KB)
> Non DFS Used: 12943626261 (12.05 GB)
> DFS Remaining: 84426645504 (78.63 GB)
> DFS Used%: -0.14%
> DFS Remaining%: 86.83%
> Last contact: Thu Nov 22 18:25:37 PST 2012
> [root@brock0-1 ~]# sudo -u hdfs -i hdfs dfsadmin -report
> Configured Capacity: 97233235968 (90.56 GB)
> Present Capacity: 84426973184 (78.63 GB)
> DFS Remaining: 84426629120 (78.63 GB)
> DFS Used: 344064 (336 KB)
> DFS Used%: 0%
> Under replicated blocks: 0
> Blocks with corrupt replicas: 0
> Missing blocks: 0
> -------------------------------------------------
> Datanodes available: 1 (1 total, 0 dead)
> Live datanodes:
> Name: 127.0.0.1:50010 (localhost)
> Hostname: brock0-1.ent.cloudera.com
> Decommission Status : Normal
> Configured Capacity: 97233235968 (90.56 GB)
> DFS Used: 344064 (336 KB)
> Non DFS Used: 12806262784 (11.93 GB)
> DFS Remaining: 84426629120 (78.63 GB)
> DFS Used%: 0%
> DFS Remaining%: 86.83%
> Last contact: Thu Nov 22 18:28:47 PST 2012
> {noformat}

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message