hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Akira Ajisaka <aajis...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Move to gitbox
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2018 05:50:26 GMT
Hi ASF infrastructure team,

Could you answer the following questions?

* Is it an atomic move? Or will both repos live at the same time?
* Do we need a stop-the-world period and messaging sent out?
* When do the git-wip repos get deleted and/or stop getting updates?

Regards,
Akira
2018年12月14日(金) 1:26 Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vinodkv@apache.org>:

> We need to write up the stages of the process and put a concrete timeline first.
>
> Is it an atomic move? Or will both repos live at the same time? Do we need a stop-the-world
period and messaging sent out?

> When do the git-wip repos get deleted and/or stop getting updates?
>
> Things I can think of that need tracking
>  - Wiki pages?
>  - Jenkins jobs
>  - Email notification setup for the commits?
>  - Policies - like no-mainline-branch-deletion support
>
> +Vinod
>
> > On Dec 13, 2018, at 7:57 AM, Elek, Marton <elek@apache.org> wrote:
> >

> > On 12/12/18 12:27 PM, Akira Ajisaka wrote:
> >> Thank you for your positive feedback! I'll file a jira to INFRA in this weekend.

jobs. (I am happy to help/contribute what I can do)