hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Anu Engineer <aengin...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Alpha Release of Ozone
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 21:29:23 GMT
Thanks for reporting this issue. I have filed a JIRA to address this issue.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDDS-341

>So, consider this as a report. IMHO, cutting an Ozone release prior to a Hadoop release
ill-advised given the distribution impact and the requirements of the merge vote.

The Ozone release is being planned to address issues like these; In my mind if we go thru
a release exercise, we will be able to identify all ozone and Hadoop related build and release
issues.
Ozone will tremendously benefit from a release exercise and the community review that comes
from that.

Thanks
Anu

On 8/8/18, 1:19 PM, "Allen Wittenauer" <aw@effectivemachines.com> wrote:

    > On Aug 8, 2018, at 12:56 PM, Anu Engineer <aengineer@hortonworks.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone verified that a Hadoop release doesn't have _any_ of the extra ozone
bits that are sprinkled outside the maven modules?
    > As far as I know that is the state, we have had multiple Hadoop releases after ozone
has been merged. So far no one has reported Ozone bits leaking into Hadoop. If we find something
like that, it would be a bug.

    	There hasn't been a release from a branch where Ozone has been merged yet. The first
one will be 3.2.0.  Running create-release off of trunk presently shows bits of Ozone in dev-support,
hadoop-dist, and elsewhere in the Hadoop source tar ball.