hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Anu Engineer <aengin...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Alpha Release of Ozone
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2018 19:56:47 GMT
> Given that there are some Ozone components spread out past the core maven modules, is
the plan to release a Hadoop Trunk + Ozone tar ball or is more work going to go into segregating
the Ozone components prior to release?
The official release will be a source tarball, we intend to release an ozone only binaries
to make it easy to for people to deploy. We are still formulating the plans and you are welcome
to leave your comments on HDDS-214.

> Has anyone verified that a Hadoop release doesn't have _any_ of the extra ozone bits
that are sprinkled outside the maven modules?
As far as I know that is the state, we have had multiple Hadoop releases after ozone has been
merged. So far no one has reported Ozone bits leaking into Hadoop. If we find something like
that, it would be a bug.

Thanks
Anu

On 8/8/18, 12:04 PM, "Allen Wittenauer" <aw@effectivemachines.com.INVALID> wrote:

    Given that there are some Ozone components spread out past the core maven modules, is
the plan to release a Hadoop Trunk + Ozone tar ball or is more work going to go into segregating
the Ozone components prior to release? Has anyone verified that a Hadoop release doesn't have
_any_ of the extra ozone bits that are sprinkled outside the maven modules?