hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Nandakumar Vadivelu <nvadiv...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.3 (RC0)
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2018 20:08:30 GMT
Hi Allen,
It will be helpful if we can get the correct steps, and also update the wiki.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+Release+Validation

Thanks,
Nanda

On 6/8/18, 12:17 AM, "Steve Loughran" <stevel@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    > On 7 Jun 2018, at 18:01, Allen Wittenauer <aw@effectivemachines.com> wrote:
    >

    >> On Jun 7, 2018, at 3:46 AM, Lokesh Jain <lokeshjainlist@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi Yongjun
    >>
    >> I followed Nanda’s steps and I see the same issues as reported by Nanda.
    >

    > This situation is looking like an excellent opportunity for PMC members to mentor
people on how the build works since it’s apparent that three days later, no one has mentioned
that those steps aren’t the ones to build the complete website and haven’t been since
at least 2.4.

    Actually, Yongjun has been really good at helping me get set up for a 2.7.7 release, including
"things you need to do to get GPG working in the docker image"

    But yes, I would like to know those complete steps too