hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop qbt Report: branch2+JDK7 on Linux/x86
Date Tue, 15 May 2018 17:46:00 GMT
Yeah, consistently failing nightly builds are just burning resources.
Until someone starts working to fix it, we shouldn't keep submitting
the job. Too bad; I thought build times and resource usage were
becoming more manageable on branch-2.

If anyone has cycles to work on this, the job is here [1]. -C

[1]: https://builds.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-branch2-java7-linux-x86/

On Tue, May 15, 2018 at 10:27 AM, Allen Wittenauer
<aw@effectivemachines.com> wrote:

>> On May 15, 2018, at 10:16 AM, Chris Douglas <cdouglas@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> They've been failing for a long time. It can't install bats, and
>> that's fatal? -C
>

>         The bats error is new and causes the build to fail enough that it produces the
email output.  For the past few months, it hasn’t been producing email output at all because
the builds have been timing out.  (The last ‘good’ report was Feb 26.)  Since no one [*]
is paying attention to them enough to notice, I figured it was better to free up the cycles
for the rest of the ASF.

> * - I noticed a while back, but for various reasons I’ve mostly moved to only working
on Hadoop things where I’m getting paid.