hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Lowe <jl...@oath.com.INVALID>
Subject What's the difference between branch-3 and branch-3.0?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2018 16:11:02 GMT
I recently noticed some committers posting commits to branch-3 and marking
the JIRA as fixed in 3.0.1.  I thought branch-3.0 was tracking 3.0.x
releases, including branch-3.0.1 as of now, so I am confused what branch-3
is for.  The versions in the poms between branch-3 and branch-3.0 both say
they are 3.0.1-SNAPSHOT.

I recall we discussed _not_ creating branch-3 until it is necessary, and it
is only necessary for branch-3 to exist when trunk stop tracking 3.x
releases (i.e.: when trunk moves to 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT).

Jason