hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: PreCommit-Admin fails to fetch issue list from jira
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 23:19:20 GMT

> On Jan 16, 2018, at 1:41 PM, Vihang Karajgaonkar <vihang@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> yes, thats correct. I had created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15849 to
get that fixed. But looks like based on the comment there we need to modify that job to use
REST instead of SOAP?

	I think there is some confusion.  There are two parts in play.

	The SOAP API is (or was, depending upon which fork we’re talking about) used to talk to
JIRA to write comments.  That’s only used by older strains of test-patch.  Some versions
have replaced it with REST calls.  [For the record, Apache Yetus replaced that code with REST
calls years ago in one of the first set of patches.] FWIW, it’s been documented by Atlassian
that SOAP was going to go away for quite a while.

	precommit-admin uses raw HTTP calls.  The problem with it is that the URLs it is using for
JIRA now require authentication.  The patch I’ve posted in YETUS-594 includes adding support
to auth against those URLs.

> Do we know who owns that job?

	In the case of test-patch, again, it depends upon the strain.  Most of the heavy hitters
(Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Avro, Accumulo, … lucene and solr are in progress… umm… sure I’m
missing some ) have switched over to using Apache Yetus instead of keeping a local copy. This
way resources can be shared and work pooled together.  It is getting updated fairly regularly.

	in the case of precommit-admin, technically it’s Hadoop.  But it is effectively no one
since the branch it comes from doesn’t even exist in git. (It’s still pulled from svn)
Post-YETUS-594, however, I’m planning on dropping a note to builds@ and switch precommit-admin
over to come from Apache Yetus where it will actually get some attention.