hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 RC1
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 15:21:56 GMT
+1 (non-binding),Thanks Andrew wang for driving this.

---Built from the source
--Installed 3 Node HA cluster
--Verified Basic shell commands
--Ran Sample jobs like pi,wordcount
--Verified the UI's

--Brahma Reddy Battula

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Wang [mailto:andrew.wang@cloudera.com]
Sent: 09 December 2017 02:01
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 RC1

Hi all,

Let me start, as always, by thanking the efforts of all the contributors who contributed to
this release, especially those who jumped on the issues found in RC0.

I've prepared RC1 for Apache Hadoop 3.0.0. This release incorporates 302 fixed JIRAs since
the previous 3.0.0-beta1 release.

You can find the artifacts here:

http://home.apache.org/~wang/3.0.0-RC1/

I've done the traditional testing of building from the source tarball and running a Pi job
on a single node cluster. I also verified that the shaded jars are not empty.

Found one issue that create-release (probably due to the mvn deploy change) didn't sign the
artifacts, but I fixed that by calling mvn one more time.
Available here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehadoop-1075/

This release will run the standard 5 days, closing on Dec 13th at 12:31pm Pacific. My +1 to
start.

Best,
Andrew