hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Junping Du <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 01:14:00 GMT
Thanks Eric for verification!

A kindly reminder: The original due date for 2.8.3 voting is tomorrow but I only receive 1
binding vote so far - we have 76 PMCs and 127 Committers!

I can understand the whole community are busy with 3 release RC voting (2.7.5, 2.8.3 and 3.0.0)
and may be it is necessary to extend the voting period for a few more days. But please try
as much as possible to verify our release bits. Thanks!

Thanks,

Junping?

________________________________
From: Eric Payne <eric.payne1000@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 1:51 PM
To: Junping Du; common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.3 (RC0)

Thanks Junping for the hard work on this release.

+1 (binding)

On a 6 node pseudo cluster (4 NMs), I performed the following manual tests:

- Built and installed from source

- Successfully ran a stream job

- Verified that user weights are honored by assigning the appropriate amount of resources
to the weighted users.

- Ensured that FiarOrderingPolicy and FifoOrderingPolicy worked in the Capacity Scheduler
as expected

- Applications with higher priorities are assigned containers as expected in the FifoOrderingPolicy
of the Capacity Scheduler until the user reaches its user resource limit.

Eric Payne