hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wang <andrew.w...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 RC0
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2017 06:07:09 GMT
Thanks for the thorough review Vinod, some inline responses:

*Issues found during testing*

> Major
>  - The previously supported way of being able to use different tar-balls
> for different sub-modules is completely broken - common and HDFS tar.gz are
> completely empty.

Is this something people use? I figured that the sub-tarballs were a relic
from the project split, and nowadays Hadoop is one project with one release
tarball. I actually thought about getting rid of these extra tarballs since
they add extra overhead to a full build.

>  - Cannot enable new UI in YARN because it is under a non-default
> compilation flag. It should be on by default.

The yarn-ui profile has always been off by default, AFAIK. It's documented
to turn it on in BUILDING.txt for release builds, and we do it in
create-release.

IMO not a blocker. I think it's also more of a dev question (do we want to
do this on every YARN build?) than a release one.

>  - One decommissioned node in YARN ResourceManager UI always appears to
> start with, even when there are no NodeManagers that are started yet:
> Info <IP>:-1, DECOMMISSIONED, null rack. It shows up only in the UI though,
> not in the CLI node -list

Is this a blocker? Could we get a JIRA?

Thanks,
Andrew