hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Payne <eric.payne1...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 RC0
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2017 22:12:03 GMT
Thanks for the all of the work it took to finally get htere.
+1 (binding)
Built from source and stood up a pseudo cluster with 4 NMs
Tested the following:
o Cross queue preemption
o Restarting the RM preserves work
o User limits are honored during In-queue preemption

o Priorities are honored during In-queue preemption
o Users with different weights are assigned resources proportional to their weights.
o User weights are refreshable, and in-queue preemption works to honor the post-refresh weights

Thanks,
-Eric Payne

      From: Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com>
 To: "common-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <common-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org"
<yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org>; "mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org>;
"hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org" <hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 3:34 PM
 Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0 RC0

Hi folks,

Thanks as always to the many, many contributors who helped with this
release. I've created RC0 for Apache Hadoop 3.0.0. The artifacts are
available here:

http://people.apache.org/~wang/3.0.0-RC0/

This vote will run 5 days, ending on Nov 19th at 1:30pm Pacific.

3.0.0 GA contains 291 fixed JIRA issues since 3.0.0-beta1. Notable
additions include the merge of YARN resource types, API-based configuration
of the CapacityScheduler, and HDFS router-based federation.

I've done my traditional testing with a pseudo cluster and a Pi job. My +1
to start.

Best,
Andrew