hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vino...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge yarn-native-services branch into trunk
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 23:19:53 GMT
Congratulations to all the contributors involved, this is a great step forward!

+Vinod

> On Nov 6, 2017, at 2:40 PM, Jian He <jhe@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> Okay, I just merged the branch to trunk (108 commits in total !)
> Again, thanks for all who contributed to this feature!
>
> Jian
>
> On Nov 6, 2017, at 1:26 PM, Jian He <jhe@hortonworks.com<mailto:jhe@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:

> Here’s +1 from myself.
> The vote passes with 7 (+1) bindings and 2 (+1) non-bindings.
>
> Thanks for all who voted. I’ll merge to trunk by the end of today.
>
> Jian
>
> On Nov 6, 2017, at 8:38 AM, Billie Rinaldi <billie.rinaldi@gmail.com<mailto:billie.rinaldi@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> +1 (binding)
>
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Jian He <jhe@hortonworks.com<mailto:jhe@hortonworks.com>>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to restart the vote for merging yarn-native-services to trunk.
> Since last vote, we have been working on several issues in documentation, DNS, CLI modifications
etc. We believe now the feature is in a much better shape.

> Some back ground:
> At a high level, the following are the key feautres implemented.
> - YARN-5079[1]. A native YARN framework (ApplicationMaster) to orchestrate existing services
to YARN either docker or non-docker based.
> - YARN-4793[2]. A Rest API service embeded in RM (optional)  for user to deploy a service
via a simple JSON spec
> - YARN-4757[3]. Extending today's service registry with a simple DNS service to enable
users to discover services deployed on YARN via standard DNS lookup
> - YARN-6419[4]. UI support for native-services on the new YARN UI
> All these new services are optional and are sitting outside of the existing system, and
have no impact on existing system if disabled.

> Special thanks to a team of folks who worked hard towards this: Billie Rinaldi, Gour
Saha, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli, Jonathan Maron, Rohith Sharma K S, Sunil G, Akhil PB, Eric
Yang. This effort could not be possible without their ideas and hard work.