hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop qbt Report: branch2+JDK7 on Linux/x86
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 19:50:47 GMT

With no other information or access to go on, my current hunch is that one of the HDFS unit
tests is ballooning in memory size.  The easiest way to kill a Linux machine is to eat all
of the RAM, thanks to overcommit and that’s what this “feels” like.

Someone should verify if 2.8.2 has the same issues before a release goes out …

> On Oct 23, 2017, at 12:38 PM, Subramaniam V K <subru.vk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Allen,
>
> I had set up the build (or intended to) in anticipation 2.9 release. Thanks for fixing
the configuration!

> We did face HDFS tests timeouts in branch-2 when run together but individually the tests
pass:

> Folks in HDFS, can you please take a look at HDFS tests in branch-2 as we are not able
to get even a single Yetus run to complete due to multiple test failures/timeout.