hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Jian He <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [VOTE] Merge yarn-native-services branch into trunk
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 20:06:32 GMT
Hi All,

I would like to restart the vote for merging yarn-native-services to trunk.
Since last vote, we have been working on several issues in documentation, DNS, CLI modifications
etc. We believe now the feature is in a much better shape.

Some back ground:
At a high level, the following are the key feautres implemented.
- YARN-5079[1]. A native YARN framework (ApplicationMaster) to orchestrate existing services
to YARN either docker or non-docker based.
- YARN-4793[2]. A Rest API service embeded in RM (optional)  for user to deploy a service
via a simple JSON spec
- YARN-4757[3]. Extending today's service registry with a simple DNS service to enable users
to discover services deployed on YARN via standard DNS lookup
- YARN-6419[4]. UI support for native-services on the new YARN UI
All these new services are optional and are sitting outside of the existing system, and have
no impact on existing system if disabled.

Special thanks to a team of folks who worked hard towards this: Billie Rinaldi, Gour Saha,
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli, Jonathan Maron, Rohith Sharma K S, Sunil G, Akhil PB, Eric Yang.
This effort could not be possible without their ideas and hard work.
Also thanks Allen for some review and verifications.

Thanks,
Jian

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-5079
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-4793