hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject YARN javadoc failures Re: [DISCUSS] Branches and versions for Hadoop 3
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 15:11:10 GMT

> On Aug 28, 2017, at 9:58 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@effectivemachines.com> wrote:
> 	The automation only goes so far.  At least while investigating Yetus bugs, I've seen
more than enough blatant and purposeful ignored errors and warnings that I'm not convinced
it will be effective. ("That javadoc compile failure didn't come from my patch!"  Um, yes,
yes it did.) PR for features has greatly trumped code correctness for a few years now.

	I'm psychic.

	Looks like YARN-6877 is crashing JDK8 javadoc.  Maven stops processing and errors out before
even giving a build error/success. Reverting the patch makes things work again. Anyway, Yetus
caught it, warned about it continuously, but it was still committed.