hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Jian He <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge yarn-native-services branch into trunk
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 16:25:36 GMT
Hi Allen,
The documentations are committed. Please check QuickStart.md and others in the same folder.
YarnCommands.md doc is updated to include new commands.
DNS default port is also documented.
Would you like to give a look and see if it address your concerns ?

Jian

> On Sep 6, 2017, at 10:19 AM, Jian He <jhe@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>> 	Please correct me if I’m wrong, but the current summary of the branch, post these
changes, looks like:
> Sorry for confusion, I was actively writing the formal documentation for how to use/how
it works etc. and will post soon in a few hours.

>>> Sure, I’ll change the default port to not use 53 and document it.
is to run “command” as root.   *ALL* of the previous daemons in Hadoop that needed a privileged
port used jsvc.  Why isn’t this one? These questions matter from a security standpoint.

>>> Yes, it is running as “root” to be able to use the privileged port. The DNS
server is not yet integrated with the hadoop script.

>>> Thanks for pointing out. Missed this when rebasing onto trunk.
>>

>> 	Please correct me if I’m wrong, but the current summary of the branch, post these
changes, looks like:

>> 		* A bunch of mostly new Java code that may or may not have javadocs (post-revert
YARN-6877, still working out HADOOP-14835)