hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Patch testing on Windows [BETA]
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 18:42:24 GMT
	I’m a little hesitant to share this because it’s really Not Quite Ready for primetime,
but I figured others might want to play with it early anyway.

				https://builds.apache.org/view/H-L/view/Hadoop/job/Precommit-hadoop-win/

Will let you test patches on Windows.  It does have some big caveats though:

	* It will NOT update the JIRA.  You’ll need to go back and check on the results later.
	* It pre-applies two other patches to the source tree:
		* HADOOP-14667 modifies how Visual Studio is used.  This patch still needs some cleanup
in order to work in a compatible way with precommit.
		* HADOOP-14696 changes how the parallel directories are created during unit tests.  Steve
had some problems with it that I haven’t been able to replicate.  I’ll likely just un-optimize
the changes at some point.
	* It currently only runs on the windows-2012-2 node.  We just need INFRA-15010 to be completed
on the other nodes.
	* It’s running a slightly modified version of hadoop’s Apache Yetus personality (see
YETUS-545).
	* It’s using a shared maven cache, so there is a risk of classes missing/corruption like
we used to have on the Linux test boxes two years ago.  This is an easy fix and I just haven’t
gotten around to it.
	* A good number of the unit tests on Windows are really broken.  Badly.  Let this be a catalyst
to fix them.