hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Jian He <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merge yarn-native-services branch into trunk
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 17:19:04 GMT
> 	Please correct me if I’m wrong, but the current summary of the branch, post these changes,
looks like:
Sorry for confusion, I was actively writing the formal documentation for how to use/how it
works etc. and will post soon in a few hours.

> On Sep 6, 2017, at 10:15 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw@effectivemachines.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 5, 2017, at 6:23 PM, Jian He <jhe@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 	If it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles, then it shouldn’t be on port
53 by default.
>> Sure, I’ll change the default port to not use 53 and document it.
>>> 	*how* is it getting launched on a privileged port? It sounds like the expectation
is to run “command” as root.   *ALL* of the previous daemons in Hadoop that needed a privileged
port used jsvc.  Why isn’t this one? These questions matter from a security standpoint.

>> Yes, it is running as “root” to be able to use the privileged port. The DNS server
is not yet integrated with the hadoop script.

>>> Check the output.  It’s pretty obviously borked:
>> Thanks for pointing out. Missed this when rebasing onto trunk.
>

> 	Please correct me if I’m wrong, but the current summary of the branch, post these
changes, looks like:

> 		* A bunch of mostly new Java code that may or may not have javadocs (post-revert YARN-6877,
still working out HADOOP-14835)