hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Wangda Tan <wheele...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Branch merges and 3.0.0-beta1 scope
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2017 18:06:26 GMT
Resource profile is similar to TSv2, the feature is:
- Alpha feature, we will not freeze new added APIs. And all added APIs are
explicitly marked to @Unstable.
- Allow rolling upgrade from branch-2.
- Touched existing code, but we have, and will continue tests to make sure
changes are safe.

Discussed with Andrew offline, we decided to not put this to beta1 since
beta1 is not far away. But we want to put it before GA if sufficient tests
are done.

Thanks,
Wangda



On Fri, Aug 25, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Rohith Sharma K S <
rohithsharmaks@apache.org> wrote:

> On 25 August 2017 at 22:39, Andrew Wang <andrew.wang@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Rohith,
> >
> > Given that we're advertising TSv2 as an alpha feature, I think we're
> > allowed to break compatibility. Let's make sure this is clear in the
> > release notes and documentation.
> >
>
> > That said, with TSv2 phase 2, is the API going to be frozen? The umbrella
> > JIRA refers to "TSv2 alpha2" which indicated to me it was still
> alpha-level
> > quality and stability.
> >
> YES, We have decided to freeze API's. I do not think we make any
> compatibility break in future.
>
>
>
> >
> > Best,
> > Andrew
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message