hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Getting close to a vote on a merge of S3Guard., HADOOP-13345
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 12:25:19 GMT

FYI, We're getting ready for a patch to merge the current S3Guard branch, HADOOP-13345, via
a patch https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-13998

After that's done, we do plan to have a second iteration, work on a 0-rename committer (HADOOP-13786)
with all the other tuning and improvements; We'd add a new uber-JIRA & move stuff over,
maybe branch, and/or do things patch-by-patch .

Anyway, now is a great time for people to download and play

https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/HADOOP-13345/hadoop-tools/hadoop-aws/src/site/markdown/tools/hadoop-aws/s3guard.md

testing this

https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/HADOOP-13345/hadoop-tools/hadoop-aws/src/site/markdown/tools/hadoop-aws/testing.md

The Inconsistent AWS Client is also something everyone is free to use for injecting inconsistencies
(and soon faults) into their own apps by way of 2-3 config options. Want to know how your
code handles S3A being observably inconsistent? We'll let you do that.

-Steve