hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Some Questions about the Windows Build
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2017 02:45:00 GMT

I've noticed that in almost all of the (official) documentation, it's written that in order
to build on Windows the maven command should be some form of:

mvn package -Pdist,native-win -DskipTests

The one constant is that the native-win profile is always listed.  What's interesting is that
native-win is automatically turned on regardless of that flag due to how the pom.xml is written.
(You can really only have one property in the activator part of the pom.  So if you are on
a Windows box...congrats, you're building native code.)

	 Is this a bug?  Do we really always want native-win turned on?  We don't on any other platform.

Thanks.