hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0-alpha4-RC0
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 02:44:43 GMT
+1 (non-binding)

-Verified checksums and signatures
-Built from source and installed HA cluster
-Ran basic shell operations
-Ran sample jobs.
-Verified the HttpFSServerWebServer.

-Brahma Reddy Battula

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Wang [mailto:andrew.wang@cloudera.com]
Sent: 30 June 2017 10:41
To: common-dev@hadoop.apache.org; hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org; mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org;
yarn-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.0.0-alpha4-RC0

Hi all,

As always, thanks to the many, many contributors who helped with this release! I've prepared
an RC0 for 3.0.0-alpha4:

http://home.apache.org/~wang/3.0.0-alpha4-RC0/

The standard 5-day vote would run until midnight on Tuesday, July 4th.
Given that July 4th is a holiday in the US, I expect this vote might have to be extended,
but I'd like to close the vote relatively soon after.

I've done my traditional testing of a pseudo-distributed cluster with a single task pi job,
which was successful.

Normally my testing would end there, but I'm slightly more confident this time. At Cloudera,
we've successfully packaged and deployed a snapshot from a few days ago, and run basic smoke
tests. Some bugs found from this include HDFS-11956, which fixes backwards compat with Hadoop
2 clients, and the revert of HDFS-11696, which broke NN QJM HA setup.

Vijay is working on a test run with a fuller test suite (the results of which we can hopefully
post soon).

My +1 to start,

Best,
Andrew