hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Changing the default class path for clients
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2017 16:04:14 GMT

	This morning I had a bit of a shower thought:

	With the new shaded hadoop client in 3.0, is there any reason the default classpath should
remain the full blown jar list?  e.g., shouldn’t ‘hadoop classpath’ just return configuration,
user supplied bits (e.g., HADOOP_USER_CLASSPATH, etc), HADOOP_OPTIONAL_TOOLS, and hadoop-client-runtime?
We’d obviously have to add some plumbing for daemons and the capability for the user to
get the full list, but that should be trivial.

	Thoughts?