hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject HADOOP-14316: Switching from Findbugs to Spotbugs
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2017 17:44:04 GMT
Hey gang.

	HADOOP-14316 enables the spotbugs back-end for the findbugs front-end.  Spotbugs (https://spotbugs.github.io/)
is the fork of findbugs that the community and some of the major contributors have made to
move findbugs forward.  It is geared towards JDK8 and JDK9.

	Before I commit, I wanted to give a heads up to the community about this change.

	After committal, there will be (approx) 62 new findbugs issues that will pop up in the source
tree.  My quick pass over a handful of them indicates that a good number are legit/not false
positives (and one of them, well, we got lucky it's an API that no one updates/uses). It will
take the community to fix up those 62 problems, either by actually fixing them (better) or
exempting them (not great, but sometimes required).

Thanks.