hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Templeton <dan...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.0 (RC3)
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 21:09:17 GMT
Thanks for the new RC, Junping.  I built from source and tried it out on
a 2-node cluster with HA enabled.  I ran a pi job and some streaming
jobs.  I tested that localization and failover work correctly, and I
played a little with the YARN and HDFS web UIs.

I did encounter an old friend of mine, which is that if you submit a
streaming job with input that is only 1 block, you will nonetheless get
2 mappers that both process the same split. What's new this time is that
the second mapper was consistently failing on certain input sizes.  I
(re)verified that the issue also exists is 2.7.3, so it's not a
regression.  I'm pretty sure it's been there since at least 2.6.0.  I
filed MAPREDUCE-6864 for it.

Given that my issue was not a regression, I'm +1 on the RC.

Daniel

On 3/17/17 2:18 AM, Junping Du wrote:
> Hi all,
>       With fix of HDFS-11431 get in, I've created a new release candidate (RC3) for Apache
Hadoop 2.8.0.

>       This is the next minor release to follow up 2.7.0 which has been released for more
than 1 year. It comprises 2,900+ fixes, improvements, and new features. Most of these commits
are released for the first time in branch-2.