hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Masatake Iwasaki <iwasak...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.8.0 (RC3)
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2017 16:17:00 GMT
Thanks for putting this up, Junping.

+1(non-binding)

* verified signature and mds.
* built from source on centos 7 and openjdk 8 with native profile.
* built docs and skimmed the contents.
* deployed 3 nodes ha cluster and run some sample jobs with caller
context enabled.

Masatake Iwasaki

On 3/17/17 18:18, Junping Du wrote:
> Hi all,
>       With fix of HDFS-11431 get in, I've created a new release candidate (RC3) for Apache
Hadoop 2.8.0.

>       This is the next minor release to follow up 2.7.0 which has been released for more
than 1 year. It comprises 2,900+ fixes, improvements, and new features. Most of these commits
are released for the first time in branch-2.