hadoop-common-dev mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer ...@effectivemachines.com>
Subject Re: Can we update protobuf's version on trunk?
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 06:04:08 GMT

> On Mar 28, 2017, at 5:09 PM, Chris Douglas <chris.douglas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I haven't seen data identifying PB as a bottleneck, but the
> non-x86/non-Linux and dev setup arguments may make this worthwhile. -C

	FWIW, we have the same problem with leveldbjni-all. (See the ASF PowerPC build logs) I keep
meaning to spend time on the maven build to actually download and install since a) the project
appears to be never headed for a release and b) it's not an optional component in YARN for
some reason.  Potentially in combination of moving from leveldbjni-all to just leveldbjni.